[ferret_users] Color error in shading with -gif

Hi,

Today I discovered that the colors of my shaded panels are getting corrupted when using the frame command to save a gif file while running with the -gif command line argument in Ferret. Attached are two files. The one that has a big red blob is what I see when I display my plot on the screen with X-windows. The one that has blue inside the red blob is the resulting gif file. These pictures are from a screen dump showing the most obvious error. This particular case is one panel of a 6-panel plot. Other panels are also showing this behavior.

I am using v6.8.2. The script is a bit convoluted to reproduce the whole 6-panel plot. But basically, there are 6 shaded plots with the last 3 having contours overlaid. The actual plotting commands are pretty straightforward. I can send them in if that would help. For now, I won't clutter up the archives. Tomorrow I will try to simplify things down to a more easily digestible reproduction of the problem.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

-Bill

William I. Gustafson Jr., Ph.D.
Scientist
ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES AND GLOBAL CHANGE DIVISION

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
P.O. 999, MSIN K9-30
Richland, WA  99352
Tel: 509-372-6110