[ferret_users] Re: [ferret_users] country borders

> Does anyone know how to make figures in Ferret with political borders of
> the countries (as the figure attached)?

Hi,
I think you will get what you want following this mail.
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2012/msg00018.html

But the simpler answer is to use the land.jnl or land_detail.jnl script.
Those scripts contain political borders (perhaps not updated as the ones
available from the GADM web site).

Try:
yes? use levitus_climatology.cdf
yes? shade/hlim=-30:60/vlim=28:72/modulo temp[k=1,x=-180:180]
yes? ppl color 5, 70, 70, 70
yes? go land_detail 1 overlay 5

Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer