Re: [ferret_users] Generating nice PS file, problem with margins

Szymon,

To get rid of the thin-line problem, you need to turn off
the antialising options, as Ansley pointed out.  You get the
result you do because you turn on antialising options.

> Mainly, I have got 2 narrows line in the picture.
>
> I have no idea how to get rid off these.
>
> I attach necessary files, if someone may help I would appreciate and be
> really grateful.
>
> The command that I use.
>
> gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pnmraw -r150x150 -dTextAlphaBits=2
> -dGraphicsAlphaBits=2 -sOutputFile=- file_name.ps | pnmflip -r90 | convert
> -antialias - file_name.png

Please refer to this message:

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2012/msg00418.html

There we found that "-dGraphicsAlphaBits=2" is an antialiasing option
for gs.

The following issue does not affect your result, but I thought
I also should point it out.

"-antialias" to "convert" also turns on antialiasing.
When you need to turn it off, you use "+antialias".
But, since you are feeding "convert" with a raster image
and you aren't changing resolution, antialiasing is
irrelevant there.  That is "convert - file_name.png"
would give the same result.

Ryo