Re: [ferret_users] Making movies using mencoder

Hi,

By the way,

> I am trying to make movies that I could have more controls
> than the animated gif.

This depends on what you mean by "controls", but, for research
purposes (as opposed to presentation purposes), I've found
the animated GIF the best.  With the "gifview" program, you
can step forward and backward frame by frame, and each frame
is as crisp as the original plot (because it IS the original
plot).  I don't think this is possible when you convert your
images into other generic movie formats, because the original
frames are lost in the process of encoding.

Cheers,
Ryo