Re: [ferret_users] shakey numbering

On Jan 1, 2013, at 10:57 PM, nitin patil wrote:

> Dear ferret users,
>
> Did any one knows how to keep selected numbers of interest on shakey/colourbar?
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Nitin

While it is straightforward to control the skip intervals of values shown in the colorbar (4th argument to PPL SHAKEY), as well as the size of the labels and the number of digits, I don't think it is possible to arbitrarily control the individual values labelled.

Possibly you could make this work by overlaying 2 or more colorbars: with identical contour levels but different choices of the labelling interval. But it would be a coincidence if that worked out to catch just the ones you wanted.

It seems to me that this would very rarely be desirable; so rarely as not to be worth the effort to program it. If I really needed to do this I'd omit all the labels except the first (set the interval to 999, say); then put the rest of them in manually as individual text labels.

Billy K