Re: [ferret_users] Plotting monsoonal monthly average over a series of years

Thank you for your help.  I think I understand what you are attempting to do, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Could you also please explain what the "start_June:end:12" signifies?

Here is my input:

let monsoon = PR[L=start_June:end:12]+PR[L=start_July:end:12]+PR[start_August:end:12]

shade monsoon[L=@ave]

However, when I try your method, Ferret responds:

ERROR: command syntax: START_AUGUST

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?