Re: [ferret_users] select arbitary vertical levels

Hi Jagadish,

You could regrid the second variable to the grid of the first variable.  If the only difference in the grids are the additional vertical levels, the regridded variable should be unchanged at the duplicate locations.  Then you will have two variables on the same grid.
So something like:
use dataset1
use dataset2
let regridsecondvar = secondvar[g=firstvar[d=1]]
... (work with regridsecondvar and firstvar) ...

-- Karl