Re: [ferret_users] axis color

Hi Paul,
  The PPL Advanced Command %yaxis is perfect for your task (and others such as adding extra scales).  In your case I suspect what you want to do is just duplicate the existing y-axis but in another color (red).
  Here is a demo

plot/i=1:10 1/i   ! a simple plot (but without a y-axis label)
ppl pen,0,2       ! temporarily set the axis-drawing pen to red
ppl %yaxis,($YAXIS_MIN),($YAXIS_MAX),,($XAXIS_MIN)   ! use the axis values from the plot just drawn
ppl pen,0,1       ! reset axis-drawing pen to black

As noted, the above demo did not have a y-axis label (ylab). If it had, the placement of the red version of that label might not be perfectly placed.  Try for example substituting "go ptest" as the first line of the demo above.  I don't see a simple fix for that so a solution might be to suppress that axis label at first (using ppl ylab), then add it using the "label/nouser" command with @p2 in the label text to make it red.

Good luck,
   Mick