Re: [ferret_users] drawing contour labels with a background color

Hi,
   Positioning labels in a contour plot is something that is difficult to do in Ferret. Attached is a script I use to superimpose labels on a plot in a "whited-out" box to make space for the text. It takes a mouse-click to position each label but gives the user control on where they go, and the color and size of each separately. As currently written it does not provide for tilted boxes and text. A repeat loop might allow one to cycle though a series of contour values.

Example: (see attached image)

shade/nolab/i=1:10/j=1:10 i+j
go boxlabel 0.3 "@p7@trboxlabel demo"
rep/k=5:15:2 go boxlabel 0.2 "@p2`k`#C"
rep/k=5:15:2 go boxlabel 0.2 "@p4`k/10`#C"

Hope this helps, in the contour context or elsewhere.
Mick