Re: [ferret_users] active and break of monsoon

Hi,

I listed the "mask" in text file. and soted the valid data with spread sheet. Not an elegant solution but still doestn't the job

Jagadish

From: jagadish karmacharya <j_karmacharya@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: users Group Ferret <oar.pmel.ferret_users@xxxxxxxx>; Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] active and break of monsoon

Hi Ansley,

With the help of Roy, I now have desired mask which is similar to below.

let mask1 = if p[l=@shf:-2] gt 1 AND p[l=@shf:-1]  gt 1 AND p gt 1 then 1 else 0

let mask2 = if p[l=@shf:-1] gt 1 AND p gt 1 AND p[l=@shf:1] gt 1 then 1 else 0

let mask3 = if p > gt AND p[l=@shf:1] gt 1 AND p[l=@shf:2] gt 1 then 1 else 0

let mask = if mask1 + mask2 + mask3 > 0 then 1

Also, the method described in FAQ work fine for masking selected months.

Now, I want to save just valid data /time steps; how can I do that? compressL places all valid data at the begining and the undefined data points then after but the time is in abstract axis so its not preserving the date of valid data points. I could not figure out other way.

Many thanks,

Jagadish