[ferret_users] how to skip the invalid data by drawing vector? ferret v6.72 & unix

Dear all,

I am using binary file to draw the arrows.

And in my data file there are some invalid value 999. I want to plot blank or not show the arrow in the area where there is 999.
I tried to use the

&
| let/bad=-100 uwnd2 = if uwnd eq 999 then (-100) else uwnd

Neither worked.

Thanks for any insight.

--
金懐東(Jimmy Kin)