Re: [ferret_users] geostropic currents

Hi,
It's not clear to me what grid goes with what variable in your script. Showing us the output of commands like "show data", "show grid g" and "show grid grid_0001", would help.  Does Ferret issue any messages about the grid as your script runs?  If yy is from one grid and ssh is on another grid, then when it evaluates the expressions ug and vg, Ferret has to to reconcile the grids.  If you want the vector components to be on a different grid from what they are, you could define the variables differently or regrid them to the desired grid.

-Ansley