Re: [ferret_users] -script, with arguments

Hi -
The syntax for a Ferret script to use one argument is for it to refer to $1. So if your script is what you show below, you could keep it as it is and write a script to define the variable using the argument.  The short script call_new.jnl makes that one variable definition and then executes the script "new.jnl".
! call_new.jnl
let month = $1
go new
Try it from the Ferret command line.
yes? go call_new 1

Then to run your script from the command line with the -script switch,
ferret -gif -script call_new.jnl 1

By the way I think the script you show might have a typo.  It looks like maybe you intended it to end with
    frame/file=shgt11_`month`_k2.gif

Ansley