Re: [ferret_users] save regridding process to netcdf/ascii file

Hi -
I'm not sure what you're wondering about, but here's what I'd do.

You define new variables which are the data regridded to your new grid, and save them to the output file.  Taking an example from the regridding_demo script:

DEFINE AXIS/X=160W:40W:.5/UNIT=LONGITUDE xfine
DEFINE AXIS/Y=20N:70N:.5/UNIT=LATITUDE   yfine
DEFINE GRID/X=xfine/Y=yfine gfine
SHADE/X=160W:40W/Y=20N:70N rose[g=gfine]
The _expression_ rose[g=gfine] is the regridded variable.  You'll want to put information about the original variables into the file, so define the variablesusing useful names, and attributes from the original variables, or that you define yourself.  Here is how to get the units from the original variable, and assign them to the new one.  You could do the same with the /TITLE, or just put in some text to say what you did
LET/units="`rose,RETURN=units`"/TITLE="my new title" rose_fine = rose[g=gfine]
SAVE/FILE=my_output.nc rose_fine
Ansley