[ferret_users] Question about curv_to_rect_map

Dear Ferretters,

I'm using the function curv_to_rect_map to regrid a rotated pole grid to a
regular grid.
I don't have any problem running the script, but plotting the results after
the regridding I get a difference in global mean SST of about 1K.

Here it is my script:

define axis/x=0.5:359.5:1/modulo/units=degrees xax
define axis/y=-89.5:89.5:1/units=degrees yax
let dummy = y[gy=yax] + x[gx=xax]

let lonin = LON[d=1]
let latin = LAT[d=1]

let map  = curv_to_rect_map(lonin,latin,dummy,2)

save/clobber/file=curv_map.nc map
CANCEL VARIABLE map
USE curv_map.nc

DEFINE VARIABLE/title="NEW SST "     new_sst  = curv_to_rect(sst[d=1],map
[d=2])

plot sst[i=@ave,j=@ave],new_sst[i=@ave,j=@ave]

Obviously, after the regridding I don't expect to get 2 overlapped lines, but
I was surprised for a such difference. Do you have experience with that? Is it
maybe related to the average function in the curvilinear domains?

Thanks for the info

Best wishes
Markus