[ferret_users] How to remove labels in plots without opening a x-window

Hi,

I know how to remove labels in interactive mode.
I also know how to plot without opening a x-window in gif or ps mode.

However, for some unknown reason, when I plot a variable without x-window, the labels keep showing up. So if I want to remove labels, I have to keep a x-window open.
Here is part of my codes. I embed the ferret script in a bash script.
Would someone correct me if I did something wrong ?

Ferret version:v6.7
Linux(gfortran) 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 - 04/19/11

Ferret script:

ferret_c -gif << STOP
use outputLand.nc
se region/x=-180:180/y=-55:90
define viewport/xlim=0.,0.95/ylim=.67,1/text=0.25 top
cancel mode logo

set window/aspect=1.25
let v = a + b + c + d
let v1 = e * f