Re: [ferret_users] error ploting bar chart

hi -
The bar-chart script gets the independent axis of the _expression_ that you send it, and defines variables on that axis based on its start and end points. I think what's going on is that Ferret is trying to evaluate the _expression_

  let clm = precip[L=@ave]

based on the context of variables that are being defined in the script.

A simple fix would be to either evaluate the scalar variable clm when you use it in the definition of variable anom:

   let anom=precip-`clm`

which evaluates the variable in terms of the default context for the variable from the file.  Or you could define clm so that its context is explicitly defined,

  let clm = precip[L=1:12@ave]

I think that either of these will fix the problem.

Ansley