Re: [ferret_users] Need help in ferret installation

Paul,

|          By God's grace i could find a copy of  libgfortran.so.1,
| libgfortran.so.1.0.0, in one of my colleague's pc. i copied them to
| my /usr/lib folder  and run a command $ranlib /usr/lib (ofcourse i
| got a error message). Later i run the command ferret and to my
| surprise ferret began to work.

Thanks for the information and the library, but Karl and
Ansley's answers (that the RHEL6 version of Ferret should
be used and that the next release of Ferret will have
a gfortran library included) are the best ones.  I was
wondering why you need libgfortran.so.1 in the
first place.  But I like your way of pursuing a solution.

By the way, your experiment demonstrated that libgfortran.so.3
isn't compatible with libgfortran.so.1 , so my suggestion of
just making a symbolic link shouldn't have worked.

Regards,
Ryo