Re: [ferret_users] Variable on a varying pressure level

Samrat

| Could someone tell me how to plot a variable on a varying pressure
| level? I would like to plot vertical velocity at the tropopause. I
| am using Ferret 6.6.2.
|
| I calculated the tropopause level this way:
|
| yes? let dTdz = 'T'[z=200:50@ddc]
| yes? let tropo_lev = dTdz[z=@loc:0]
|
| Now how do i get omega at the tropo_lev pressure levels?

The standard technique to deal with this common problem in Ferret
is described in Ch3 Sec2.3.24 "ZAXREPLACE" of the Ferret
user's manual:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/XPRESSIONS#_VPINDEXENTRY_339

The example in the manual describes how you plot salinity
on constant-density surfaces.  In your case, "density" corresponds
to dTdz and "salinity" corresponds to omega.

Regards,
Ryo