Re: [ferret_users] combining netcdf files

Hi, I think it might be only some warning messages. I suggest first check the output data to see if it's what you want.

for the error message:
nco_inq_varid() reports requested variable "lhtfl" is not in input file
I think it might because that the variable "lhtfl" does not appear in at least one of the input files. Can you check this? I think by default, if you don't specifiy the name of variables for combination, NCO will try to combine all the variables. In this case, it complains that the variable "lhtfl" appears in one of the input files but not the other. (If I am not wrong.). Or you can use the '-v' flag to specify variables, as:

ncecat -v var1,var2,var3 input1.nc input2.nc output.nc

hope it might be helpful....

Chao