Re: [ferret_users] new beginner to plot bathymetry file in ASCII

Hi Dessy,

dessy berlianty wrote:
Firstly, I put the bathymetry data in folder ..\TMAP\fer_dsets\data\bathy_input.btm, as I read from Ferret Users'mail archive that we can not read from our work directory (please correct me if it's wrong).

The environment variable FER_DATA is a space-separated list of directories that ferret searches for data sets that do not have paths specified. If "." is one of those directories, it will look in your current working directory. You can also specify path names if you know the absolute or relative path to the file. Just be sure to put the name in quotes so Ferret will see it as a long name and not command line options. Finally, with Ferret 6.7 you can use the Ferret command "open" or add the "/browse" option to a "use" or "set data" command to start the ThreddsBrowser, which can be used to display and select data sets from local directories as well as online THREDDS catalogs.

Karl

--
Karl M. Smith, Ph.D.
Research Scientist and Software Developer

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do
not necessarily reflect any position of the Government
or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration."