[ferret_users] vector representation

Dear Ferret users,

When I create a postscript output file from a metafile, I get a very high resolution file with lines of one pixel thickness. If I then convert it to pdf, the result is that the single pixel line is deantialiased to a gray scale if I represent it in a smaller resolution than its original resolution.

Is it possible to get vector representation output from Ferret (into the metafile)? If the metafile already contains vector data, how do I decently convert it to PDF?

If this is not possible, can I make the lines thicker?

Relevant part of script:

gksm2ps -p portrait -l cps -d cps -o ${1}.eps metafile.plt || exit 2
convert -density 250 +antialias -compress zip $1.eps ${ELIRUJO}/${1}.pdf

I am using Ferret 6.6.7 on a Fedora 13 system.

Cheers,

Marco van Hulten
Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut
Tel.: +31 30 2206 707

--
Please, only send plain text messages and open specification documents.
Don't write your reply above mine, and cite only what you need to cite.