Re: Fwd: [ferret_users] fourth-order polynomial least square

Maybe others could help me out with this- I am dumb in adding an external function
Thank You, Peter

Here are the quick instructions:

Download with
wget http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_ef/zinterpolate.tar.gz

tar xvfz zinterpolate.tar.gz
cd zinterpolate
vi ef_utility/platform_specific_flags.mk.x86_64-linux # edit your platform file
--> modification to use for example f95
make HOSTTYPE=x86_64-linux # make with the according platform file
clean

Then define
export FER_EXTERNAL_FUNCTIONS="$FER_EXTERNAL_FUNCTIONS /whereyoudownload/zinterpolate"

ferret
yes? show function zinter*
ZINTERPOLATE(VARIABLE,SUBSAMPLING,METHOD,MODULO,TENSION,BIAS)
  Interpolate values along ZAXIS
  VARIABLE: Variable to interpolate
  SUBSAMPLING: Subsampling factor
  METHOD: 1=Linear 2=Cosine 3=Cubic 4=Hermite
  MODULO: O=Not modulo 1=Modulo (=periodic)
  TENSION: Tension parameter for Hermite interpolation
  BIAS: Bias parameter for Hermite interpolation

then test
go test1.jnl
go test2.jnl
go test3.jnl
go test4.jnl

I suppose you have read
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/external-functions

Hope that will help you.
Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer