Re: [ferret_users] ROMS mld plots

Hi -
I think you need to first use Ferret to explore what is in the dataset.  Try commands such as "show data", "show grid temp",  and shade plots of the variables at a single depth and time to see what's going on with the variables and their grids.   "show data/attributes" lists all of the variables with their attributes.  "show attributes/all  temp"  lists all of the attributes of the variable temp.

Do the variables SALT and TEMP look correct when you open the dataset and plot them separately?  Are these variables on a curvilinear coordinate grid? Are there "MASK" variables in the dataset?

If the variables are on a curvilinear grid, you can still do the computations you have done with the Z axis.  You'll just need to use the curvilinear version of the plot commands to view the data.

Ansley