Re: [ferret_users] about medatlas plot in ferret

Hi Mahesh,
A general suggestion: when you are asking a question, please say more about what you are seeing and what you are trying to do. When reading the question it's nice to know what you think is wrong with what you're seeing. Then somebody who knows about the topic will notice it and look into your question.

Ferret can help you with a problem like this. Try SHADE plots at different values of K. Your dataset seems to have some axes reversed.

yes? use 12.med.psal.nc
yes? shade/K=1 a
yes? shade/K=25 a

You can see that there's lots of data at K=25, so that must be the surface data. Also, the X axis is reversed. I can see Italy, but it points the wrong way.

In Ferret, you can open the dataset with the /ORDER qualifier. In this case it looks as if you need it this way (Verify that you have the right grid by making plots and using "SHOW DATA" and "SHOW GRID A" commands to check what's happening.)

yes? cancel data/all
yes? use/order=-zy-x 12.med.psal.nc