Re: [ferret_users] Overlaying Vectors

Pretty easy:

shade u     ! shade plot of zonal component
vector/over u,v    ! overlay vectors

or for more control, use, e.g.:

shade/[options] u
vector/over/set/[options]/len=10 u,v
ppl veckey,xpos,ypos,,(f3.0," m/s")
ppl vector/over,1,2

Notes:
1) use vector/over/set to allow placing and formatting the vector key
=> xpos,ypos are the user-unit location of the vector key. Can be inside or outside the plot box. => the double commas after xpos,ypos are necessary. I think this skips an old, unused, option.
=> make sure the format in VECKEY is appropriate!
=> note that the format in VECKEY is persistent! If you set, e.g. f3.0 as above, and then later do another vector plot, this format will persist, possibly causing confusion or error => note that there is a limit (11 characters?) in the VECKEY format (total stuff in parens). If more is given, Ferret can crash. 2) note the syntax of PPL VECTOR/OVER. The "1,2" I have written in the above example means "plot every vector in x, every other in y". If you don't specify these, Ferret will use its default (depends on density of grid).

BK