Re: [ferret_users] more than 1 polar projection plot in page

Juliette,

You can read the text (ascii) data directly into ferret without converting it.

You would use a command like:

FILE/VAR=volcano volcano.txt

That would work for a text file with one column, containing data. If the file has two columns, say "year" and "volcano" you can use:

FILE/VAR="year,volcano" volcano.txt
For more details see the manual page on reading ascii data:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/data-set-basics/ASCII-DATA

Neil
Neil Swart

Climate Modelling Group