Re: [ferret_users] scattered data vector plot

Hi,
There are two ways to do this.  You could do it with the script that
draws arrows using an arrow-shaped polygon.  There is an on-line demo
showing how to do this, here:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/Demos/polygon_vector_arrows/poly_vec_demo.html

You don't have to color the vectors if you don't want to, just specify
/pal=black/nokey  and they will be drawn with a black pen, and without
the colorkey.

Or, there's a Ferret script called scattered_vectors.jnl.  To see how to
call it,

yes? go/help scattered_vectors.jnl

(The script is very old, and assumes you are reading the data from an
ascii file!  Something to put on our list to update)

Ansley

Hi all,
  I am having latitude, longitude, u, v scatter data. i.e, data is not gridded. I want to do a vector plot. In simple way without interpolation just I want to post the data in vectors on the base map. How can I do that in ferret ? I am hereby attaching a sample figure that I got from net.
Waiting for reply.
Thanks in advance.

--
With Best regards,