Re: [ferret_users] How to increase thickness of color bar key

Dear Steeven,

|      I wanted to increase the thickness of of labels and axes etc
| using command PPL PEN 0,7 but it could not thicken color bar key.

That may be due to this old bug:

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2005/msg00482.html

As the message cited above states, a workaround is

  use coads_climatology
  ppl pen 0,7
  fill/l=1/color=7 sst  !!<-- specify the pen.

Another possibility is to generate a PostScript version of the plot
and thicken all lines in it (and if necessary, to convert it to
a raster (pixmap) image).  If you are interested in this avenue,
search the Ferret mailing-list archive for Billy Kessler's messages
about thickening lines.

Regards,
Ryo