RE: [ferret_users] Graphics display problem...

Some time ago I had a similar problem when I launched ferret from a windows machine. I created the environment variable DISPLAY and gave the value ‘:0.0’. The X-server itself worked fine (I caould see xclock, for instance) but still ferret could not connect with the X-server.

I had a similar error as you:

"Can't connect to X Server :0.0

Your DISPLAY environment variable must be set to

point to a working X server.

gopenws()   26 Specified workstation cannot be opened

gactivatews() 6 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be either in the state WSOP or in the state WSAC

gsetdeferst() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

gsetlinerep() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

ginqmaxwssttables()   22 Specified workstation type is invalid

ginqmaxwssttables()   22 Specified workstation type is invalid

gupdatews() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

gclearws() 6 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be either in the state WSOP or in the state WSAC

ginqwsconntype() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

gsetwswindow() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

gescsetdcsize() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

gupdatews() 7 GKS not in proper state: GKS shall be in one of the states WSOP, WSAC or SGOP

**ERROR: required program command has not been given: graphical output device isnt ready"

I still could not solve the problem. Does anyone have an idea how I could approach this problem from a windows machine?

I use ferret 5.51v in a cygwin environment.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Igaratza