RE: [ferret_users] Graphics display problem...

Dear Ferreters,

By setting "xhost +":-
51 > xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host

I am now able to display plots in Ferret. Thank you to Martin Schmidt for
suggesting this. We think it might have something to do with the command
with which X is launched. On my machine the command is:-

/usr/bin/X :0 -br -verbose -auth /var/run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-cTFmyo/database -nolisten tcp vt7

and on both Martin's machine and machines where I can successfully run
Ferret here the command is:-

/usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -audit 0 -br -dpi 96 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7

I have reported this to our IT group and they will look into it. If we find a definite
answer as to what it is that stops Ferret from displaying graphics with access
control enabled then I will update you.

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions and solutions!

Dr Adam Blaker

Ocean Modelling and Forecasting
National Oceanography Centre, Southampton