Re: [ferret_users] One NetCDF file from two NetCDF file

Dear Kankan and Abhisek

| > I have two NetCDF file. One is temperature and the other is
| > salinity. Now I wants to combine them. So that both temperature
| > and salinity contains in one file.
[. . .]
| if the grids for the two files are same, then you can try as
| following:

It's actually simpler.  The grids don't have to be the same.

Here is a concrete example, which you can run

  set data levitus_climatology
  set data coads_climatology
  show data
  . . . .
  save/file=tmp.nc temp[d=1],wspd[d=2]

taking temperature from dataset 1 and windspeed from dataset 2.
To see if it really worked, continue with

  cancel data/all
  set data tmp.nc
  show data
  . . . .