Re: [ferret_users]

Hi Patrick,
For some conditions, is can, but currently not in general. Starting with Ferret v6.64, if Ferret crashes, and if it can catch the errors SIGILL, SIGFPE, and SIGSEGV, then it returns a -1 status code. I imagine you are talking about running Ferret under the -script option, and in that case if Ferret detects an error condition then it issues a message and executes a Fortran STOP.  This could be changed to instead return a status code of 1.

Ansley