[ferret_users] vertical transect of slightly skewed grid

Ferreters,
I'm trying to make vertical transects of model output that is on a very slightly skewed grid; the skew is slight enough that to pick the longitude I want it's sufficient to just identify the right i value.  But the skew is enough that ferret won't plot the transect by calling the longitude.

The problem is, ferret then doesn't seem to properly label the x axis with latitudes (or I haven't found the right syntax).  It keeps putting the j values along the x axis.

The model output data is a 3-d array of my variable, and 2-d arrays of lat and lon, with a 1-d array of depth.  So if I use
>shade/k=1 uvel,lon,lat
it will properly plot the data; is there some way to get ferret to do that in the vertical as well?

Thanks,
Jessie