Re: [ferret_users] Are there changes to @DIN transformation in new FERRET v6.64?

Hi -
Thank you for the report.  The units of the integral should be in meters.  According to the General information about transforms
"When calculating integrals and derivatives (@IIN, @DIN, @DDC, @DDF, and @DDB) Ferret attempts to use standardized units for the grid coordinates. If the underlying axis is in a known unit of length Ferret converts grid box lengths to meters."
So, assuming your grid is in units of Longitude/Latitude, and Meters for depth, then the result would be in meters.  The only code change between v6.1 and v6.64, is the result of this discussion about the latitude correction for computations on the globe,

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2009/msg00506.html

which applied in particular to irregularly-spaced grids and grids where the coordinate values are not centered in their grid boxes.  The difference for that calculation for fairly small regions such as yours and small grid boxes, should not be significant.

The other thing that occurred before v6.64 is a change in the compilers we use to build Ferret. I do see a difference in Ferret executables built with the previous compiler and the  current one, when I try computing a computation over var[X=@DIN,Z=@DIN] as you are doing.  We'll look into this more.

Ansley