[ferret_users] mp_mask_outline.jnl does not work

Hi all,

I'm running Ferret v6.62 under Linux. I'm trying to use the script mp_mask_outline.jnl to plot a mask outline on a polar stereographic plot, but it always fails at the last step with the following error message:

yes? mp_ovmo
 **ERROR: value out of legal range: X coordinates
          missing value where val is needed

As a test of my installation, I've tried entering the exact sequence of commands provided on the page

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/HOMEPAGE/FAQ/custom_plots/outline_a_mask_mp.html

i.e.

    USE monthly_navy_winds
    SET REGION/L=3/Y=30:90/X=110:250
    USE etopo60
    SET grid rose
    GO mp_stereographic_north 180 -30
    GO mp_aspect
    LET ocean_mask = IF rose LT 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0
    LET masked_vwnd = vwnd[d=1,g=rose[d=2]]* ocean_mask* mp_mask
SHADE/NOAXIS/TITLE="Monthly Navy VWND masked over land" masked_vwnd, x_page, y_page
    GO mp_mask_outline ocean_mask, , , x_page, y_page
    mp_ovmo

and, again, it fails with the same error message.

However, the script mask_outline.jnl works just fine for me when I want to plot mask outlines on a regular plot.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Steven