Re: [ferret_users] Combine the variables of two difference file in unite file

Hi -
Yes, you can do all of this.  I'll point you to the commands you need, and show some example commands, and let you read the manual.  Then if you have more questions once you have gotten started, you are welcome to write back and ask

It sounds as if the variables U and V are on a staggered grid.  You can interpolate one of them onto the grid of the other using Ferret's regridding capabilities.  See "regridding" in the Users Guide.  Note that you have a choice of several regridding transformations to use.

You can apply a mask from another dataset.  Open both datasets, and specify each variable's dataset when using the different variables.

Finally, to add more variables to an existing file, you need the /APPEND qualifier.

These are the kinds of commands you will need.  When defining new variables, you probably also want to use /UNITS and /TITLE to give them the correct units and title before saving them.
yes? use data.nc
yes? use var.nc

yes? let v_regrid = v[d=1, gxy=u[d=1]

yes? let u_mask = u[d=1] * mask[d=2]
yes? let v_mask = v_regrid * mask[d=2]

yes? save/file=data.nc/append u_mask, v_mask