Re: [ferret_users] Plotting Times

Hi Mark,
That sounds as if some of the data are strings? If it's in NetCDF, what does the ncdump header of the dataset look like?

Ansley

On 10/25/2010 5:44 PM, Mark Verschell wrote:
I have a data set that lists a time of day versus day of the year (i.e., what time of day something happened each day over a year).

What I am looking for is how to plot this time series. Does anyone have any ideas.

Further information, I tried this various ways, and I continuously get the error message:

"**ERROR: illegal data type (float,string,...) for operation: V2"

Mark Verschell
mav9@xxxxxx

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." - Albert Pines