[ferret_users] Variable titles ignored in legend

Hi,

I noticed the following problem with plot legends for time series: When
two or more variables that have different number of time steps are
plotted together, the variable title is ignored in the legend.

Here's an example:

use "test1a.nc" ! file with time series 'var'
use "test1b.nc" ! exact copy of test1a.nc
use "test2.nc"  ! copy of test1a.nc but last time step is missing

let/title="title 1" v1 = var[d=1]
let/title="title 2" v2 = var[d=2]
plot v1,v2

pause

let/title="title 1" v1 = var[d=1]
let/title="title 2" v2 = var[d=3]
plot v1,v2

In the first plot the variable titles 'title 1' and 'title 2' are used
for the legend, which is what I expect. But in the second plot the
variable names 'v1' and 'v2' are used instead of the titles.

I see no reason for that unexpected behavior and it is somewhat
annoying. Is there any reason or is it a bug? If someone knows an easy
workaround (not involving 'go legend', 'go legline' etc.), I would be
thankful if you could share it.

Thanks,
Marco

P.S. I tested it with FERRET v6.62 [Linux rh5 (gfortran)
2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 - 06/11/10] and some older releases.

--
***************************************
Marco Steinacher

Climate and Environmental Physics