-----Original message-----
From: Hella Riede <hella.riede@xxxxxxx>
To:
ferret <oar.pmel.ferret_users@xxxxxxxx>
Sent:
Thu, Oct 21, 2010 14:47:37 GMT+00:00
Subject:
[ferret_users] grid problem y axis (latitude)

Dear ferreters,

in our default model output, the y axis (latitude) is unconventionally
defined from north to south. Working with the unchanged file in ferret
seems to work fine. But since ferret does not recognize this
unconventional axis/grid correctly, it produces a mirror image of the
data with respect to latitude when for example appending a variable to
the file. This "mirroring" happens without error notice or warning,
which can of course lead to misunderstandings interpreting the data.

I prepared an example, see attachment.

Thank you in advance for taking notice.

Best wishes,
Hella