Re: [ferret_users] contour/fill and contour/line - different algorithm?

Hi Ansley and all,

The FILL and CONTOUR commands use the same algorithm. What's the difference between your symbols ($my_levels) and ($lv)? Maybe it's just a typo in what you sent.

  fill/lev=($my_levels)
  contour/over/nolab/lev=($lv)

Sorry, that was a typo - trying to simplify my code for the mail list.

If you want the same contour lines as colors, try doing it in one command with FILL/LINE. If that shows any differences, then it may be in the rendering of the colors, or in any case we should hunt further.

No difference unfortunately..... although, a related question, how do I do FILL/LINE if I first make the plot with /SET? Doesn't work with PPL FILL/LINE....

Do you have suggestions for further test? I guess it's going to have something to do with the log pressure axis regridding, but it seems to get it right sometimes (e.g., see attached - pressure/time plots of water vapor: bottom right panel seems fine).

Cheers,

Paul

PNG image

Ansley