Re: [ferret_users] Replace one/several points in dataset

 Hi Laurie,
Well, not easily.  Ferret is designed to work with variables on grids or parts of grids, and it's not set up to do things with data at individual index locations.

If want to replace data based on their values then it's easy to define a new variable

   let sst2 = if sst LE 40 then sst  ! to get rid of erroneous large values

If you'd like to write back to the list with more about what you are trying to accomplish with this, we may have more ideas.  Perhaps you could use the @SHF transformation to shift the values.

-Ansley