Re: [ferret_users] variable names with dashes

Hi Peng,
Yes, there's a way to handle this. I'll just point you to where you can find the information. The index entry you need in the Users Guide is under "netCDF, invalid variable names"

Also, look up "Renaming variables" which is another way to deal with this - you give the variable a new name upon opening the file, and that new name replaces the one that's hard to use.

Ansley