[ferret_users] Calculating meridional atmosphere energy (mass) flux?

Hi All,

Has anyone ever tried to calculate meridional atmosphere energy (mass)
flux from model output with ferret? I tried to do that with GFDL CM2.1
results in P levels but the annual mean mass flux is not 0. I think the
error comes from vertical integration due to coarse resolution and
topography since when I do vertical interpolation before @din
calculation, the error was reduced. But it is still big enough to
influence my result of energy flux.

Is there any method to deal with the error or I have to do it on
sigma coordinates?

Many thanks,
Tony