Re: [ferret_users] ferret installation problem

Hi

It is hard to follow the sequence of options.
Not sure if they match what I see in Finstall.
My guess is that your answers to
steps 1 and 4 in option 2 should have been
/Users/anastasiayanchilina/Documents/Applications/ferret,
and
/Users/anastasiayanchilina/Documents/Applications/ferret/bin, respectively,
but it is hard to tell with this information only.

1) It may be easier if you simply send your ferret_paths script,
which is the script that is causing the error.

2) Also, which shell are you using (bash, tcsh, other)? (echo $SHELL)

3) Is this a Linux, a Mac, or a Windows computer?

Gus Correa

Anastasia Yanchilina wrote:
I think my main problem is giving the correct fer_dir path. This is what I did: Option 1: (1) selected option 3; (2) followed option and installed the files into a folder ferret with the path as follows: /Users/anastasiayanchilina/Documents/Applications/ferret; (3) specified the same pathway; (4) installation was complete. Option 2: (1) selected option 2; (2) followed option and specified the same pathway. (3) specified pathway where I put fer_dsets: /Users/anastasiayanchilina/Documents/Applications/ferret/fer_dsets; (4) specified where I want to put ferret_paths: /Users/anastasiayanchilina/Documents/Applications (this is the step I wasn't sure about). Let me know where I may have made a mistake to cause the errors that I am getting.
Thanks,
Anastasia