Re: [ferret_users] problem in saving plot in wondows-ferret

Marco,

| Ansley Manke wrote:
| [. . .]
| > pasting into a free software program such as IrfanView (where you
[. . .]
| IrfanView is not free software.  (Where is the license; where is the
| source code?)

There is no contradiction here.  I'm sure Ansley meant that the
software can be obtained free of charge.  Such a piece of software is
often called "freeware" (e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeware),
but it is not incorrect to call it "a free software program" in our
daily use of English.

You seem to use the term "free software" according to one of its
narrow meanings: "software that can be used, studied, and modified
without restriction" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software).
But that does NOT define our daily usage of English.

Regards,
Ryo