Re: [ferret_users] wHDF not supported on this platform

Hi Russ,

| To see the individual frames for  a second I issue a unix "sleep"
| command.
|
| e.g.
|
| repeat/l=1:120 (fill/l=1/k=1 temp; sp sleep 1)

Thank you for the suggestion!  It's an excellent solution.
It does reduce flickering.

| I think most linux installations support floating point arguments to
| sleep nowadays if 1 second is too long.

To me, sleep 0.3  or so worked well.  Yes, the GNU version of "sleep"
does support floating point arguments.  (I think it's in GNU's
"coreutils", so that it should be available on other Unixes, Mac OS
(through fink), and cygwin.)

Regards,
Ryo