Re: [ferret_users] ascii list

Hi ferret users,
Many thanks to every one who succesfully helps me.
François
Hi François,

[. . .]
| and now I would like to get a very simple ascii output list such as :
|
| y1   pm1
| y2  pm2
| ..
| ..
| yn pmn
|
| The problem is that if iI type :
|
| list pm
|
| I get a lot of information such as " y j / pmj" while I only want y
| coordinates and pm values in 2 columns.

Something like

   list/format=(F10.5,1X,E14.7)/nohead y[gy=pm], pm

"nohead" removes the header information.  y[gy=pm] is a variable
listing the y-coordinates of pm.

A comprehensive documentation of the LIST command is found in the
Ferret user's guide; in particular

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/LIST#_VPINDEXENTRY_1404

Regards,
Ryo