Re: [ferret_users] reading data in Windows Ferret version

Hi Michael,

I don't use ferret on windows, but here's two ideas:

1) Try putting the file name in quotation marks - might be the extra .'s that are causing problems:

yes? use "vwnd.10m.1982.nc "

2) Maybe ferret doesn't know to look in C:\Prgram Files\TMAP. Try typing the full path (in quotes again):

yes? use "C:\Program Files\TMAP\vwnd.10m.1982.nc "

(I have to specify $FER_DATA in my unix/mac start up files; not sure what the equivalent is on Windows).

Have fun,

Paul