Re: [ferret_users] Monthly and annual mean time series plot from amulti-year data file.

Dear Ansley and Izidine,
Thanks a lot for both of your suggestions.

I could almost get the plot except the annual mean field. Hence I need
some help on that.

Please see below the commands I have used.
yes? use sst_mon_81_07.nc

yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> /users/cshaji/NOW/sst_mon_81_07.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 SST      ** monthly from december 1981 (  1:360     1:180     1:1
1:311

!Get the climatological axis we want to use
!------------------------------------
yes? USE climatological_axes
 *** NOTE: regarding /usr/local/ferret/go/climatological_axes.cdf ...
 *** NOTE: Climatological axes SEASONAL_REG, MONTH_REG, MONTH_IRREG,
MONTH_GREGORIAN, MONTH_NOLEAP, MONTH_360_DAY  defined

yes? CANCEL DATA climatological_axes

!Define monthly SST for the region & period of interest
!------------------------------------
yes? let sst_area_avg=sst[x=30:78@ave,y=5:31@ave]
yes? let sst_of_interest=sst_area_avg[T=1-jan-1982:31-dec-2006]

!Define monthly SST climatology for the region & period of interest
!------------------------------------
yes? let sst_mon_clm  = sst_area_avg[GT=month_reg@MOD]
yes?  let sst_of_interest_clm=sst_mon_clm[T=1-jan-1982:31-dec-2006]

!Time series plot of sst monthly & monthly climatology
!------------------------------------
yes? plot sst_of_interest
yes? plot/overlay sst_of_interest_clm

I also attach the figure I am getting along with this email.

In the same figure I would like to have the annual mean SST of each year
also plotted (a curve connecting all 25 SST values).

I could not understand the steps how to do this. Can you please give me
some suggestions in this?

Also how can I get the 3-months running mean SST also plotted in the same
time seris plot?

Thanks in advance,

Shaji.